The club was founded in 2014 and since then we have attracted a wide range of members from total beginners to experienced bikers and ex-racers. The shared interest being a love of cycling and enjoyment of the sport in a social environment. We’re all about having fun whilst achieving our personal best, whatever that might be – from gaining more confidence in a new sport to pushing ourselves to smash the land speed record in lycra! We are pride ourselves on being inclusive, friendly and welcoming. Our main club ride takes place on Saturday mornings leaving at 8:30am or 9am (depending on time of year) from The Green in Syston. There are four groups, each led by a group leader, to cater for everyone’s ability – all of which include the obligatory café stop (with optional cake!). We have plenty more going on, including our mid-week daytime group going out every Wednesday, summer evening rides, special charity events and weekend adventures further afield. We also arrange regular social events that are well attended and always good fun! We are currently tipping the scales at just over 90 members – a fairly small club with plenty of big ambition. We are welcome to new ideas, suggestions and routes and our committee are always keen to receive your feedback.
Welcome to the Syston Syclers!
So why join Syston Syclers?
- We are supportive and encouraging for all levels
- We ensure that no rider ever gets left behind
- We have planned routes with dedicated ride leaders
- A Closed Facebook group for members to arrange additional rides and events
- A smart Syston Syclers kit designed by one of our members
- A range of events and rides across the year Offers and discounts for members
- Affiliated with British Cycling